Way Before The Blog

Musings on the greatest rock band(s) that ever rocked... Black Eyed Sceva & Model Engine

Thursday, February 09, 2006

Thank you speech

Sorry. My few days is turning into 4 months. But anyway.....

While watching part of the Grammys last night, I decided to put myself in position of being onstage and winning an award (I do this on occasion when watching TV...reality stuff especially). I wondered who really listens to the long list of producers and personal friends. Who would I thank? I'd start off with God, my beautiful wife and two beautiful daughters, parents, extended family and friends. You know...nice! But then I'd want to change it up. Maybe thank some bands that no one has ever heard of...such as BES, ME, Five Iron Frenzy, Stavesacre, Starflyer, etc....really plug those guys and then tell everyone to rush out and see if they can buy their CDs.

Would that work? Or would everyone have stopped listening by then? It seems like a fun thing to do....if I had a worldwide stage, I think I would use it to endorse others.

1 Comments:

At 2/09/2006 04:03:00 PM, Blogger Joe Webb said...

RAD ROCKERS!!!
I used them all the time in college. I have no idea if they still have stuff, but they used to be THE PLACE for out of print Christian music. It's how I got my hands on the Mortal side project JYRADELIX.
www.radrockers.com

 

Post a Comment

<< Home